If a child becomes ill while at school, the parent or guardian will be contacted and expected to pick up the child as soon as possible.
A child may return to school once he/she is:
- Fever free for twenty-four hours without the use of fever reducing medication
- Vomiting and diarrhea have subsided for twenty-four hours
- Twenty-four hours of antibiotics have been administered for any type of strep or bacterial infection
Calling in an absence:
When calling or emailing in an absence, please inform HCA Reception (via this email link) 847.214.3500, with the symptoms of your child’s illness. This will help us track illnesses and take proper care of our school.
A child should remain at home if he/she exhibits the following symptoms:
- Temperature over 100°
- Diarrhea or vomiting in the past twenty-four hours
- A sore throat with fever or spots
- Thick, yellow or green nasal secretions accompanied by a fever
- Cough accompanied by a temperature over 100°
- Eye drainage that reappears after cleaning
- Unusual rashes
- Crying or lethargic behavior